Ski in Gulmarg @ Alpine Ridge
8-days / 7-nights | Gulmarg
Gulmarg Ski Package Overview
Just 50km away from Srinagar Airport, sitting at 9000ft, lies one of the highest ski resorts in the world. The Gulmarg ski experience can be summed up in one word – terrain. The highest gondola in the world takes riders to 12,500ft above sea level and the nearest peak, just minutes away by skinning, rises to a jaw-dropping 14,000ft. From here, endless fresh lines plunging into the surrounding couloirs of Mt. Apharwat. Visible in the distance is Nanga Parbat (Killer Mountain), the ninth highest peak in the world, and Nun Kun, the ninth highest Himalayan peak. When the gondola closes due to heavy snowfall, the most incredible below-tree-line riding in the world opens up, delivering you to the doorstep of century-old villages.
Our 8-day ‘Essential’ Ski Gulmarg backcountry adventure (Alpine Ridge) is designed to allow dedicated riders to experience the best that Gulmarg has to offer in just one week. You will maximise your time on the mountain, whilst sampling some local culture along the way. This trip is designed for intermediate piste riders and above. The 3-star Alpine Ridge is a comfortable and friendly hotel with a great après-ski bar and will be your home during your stay in Gulmarg.
- Backcountry guiding — 6 days of guided backcountry skiing or snowboarding in Gulmarg with K-Line guides
- K-Rescue — Our complimentary 24-hour private Search & Rescue service
- Instruction — Daily guidance and advice on backcountry powder riding
- Safety briefings — Mountain orientation and avalanche safety training
- Accommodation — 7 nights of quality lodging at the Alpine Ridge
- Food & beverage — 7 breakfasts (buffet) and 7 dinners (buffet) throughout your stay
- WIFI — Stay connected to the world at all our hotels
- Transfers — Return airport transfers and hotel transfers between Srinagar and Gulmarg
- 24hr guest care — K-Line concierge will be available on a 24-hour basis to offer any necessary assistance during your stay
- Lift pass +$190 (6 days on the Gulmarg Gondola)
- Powder ski or snowboard rental +$210 (6 days)
- Avalanche essential kit rental +$130 (6 days)
Gulmarg Ski Package Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrive in Srinagar, Kashmir and acclimatise
Welcome to Kashmir! After arriving at Srinagar International Airport (SXR), you will be met by our driver. Our private transfer vehicle will transport you through the Kashmir Valley to the Gulmarg resort. You will meet the K-Line team that evening and we will also brief your group on snow conditions, avalanche safety and the overall resort. We also recommend that you prepare your equipment for the next day. You’ll then fuel up for the next day at the international buffet dinner. This first day will give you a chance to acclimatise, settle in and explore the resort, allowing you to rest to minimise injuries or accidents.
Day 2 to 7 – Time to head into the mountains (6 days)
After breakfast, you’re off to meet your guide and start your daily itinerary. You’ll start by exploring the Himalayan backcountry from the top of the world’s highest gondola at 3950m and 1000m vertical. After a few days of practice, our 2km runs down to the local Drung village will give you the ultimate leg-burn.
Get ready when the gondola is closed from snowstorms, because you’ll get to experience some amazing tree-riding all the way down to local villages, where our jeeps will pick you up. For something different, skinning up Monkey Hill is a good. Finally, a lucky few will get to conquer the world-famous shark’s fin, an epic 50 degree drop from the back of Mt. Apharwat, which requires an hour of hiking to the top of the mountain at 4250m.
As per all backcountry/off-piste riding trips, the daily itinerary is usually determined the night before or on the same morning, based on weather, snow conditions, clients’ abilities and logistics. During riding days, lunch will be determined by your group. Each evening, you’ll enjoy an international buffet at the Alpine Ridge.
Day 8 – Departure
Check out of the Alpine Ridge at your leisure during late morning and travel to Srinagar for your journey home.
Dates & Prices
|Jan 1-19, 2018||$1190||$1260||$1590|
|Feb 20 – Mar 10, 2018||$1190||$1260||$1590|
|Mar 11-31, 2018||$1190||$1260||$1190|